Friday, November 11, 2011

A Lesson for Teachers

A fellow educator recently said to me:  can you just SHOW me what you mean?  WHAT should I do with the kids? 

I thought about that and decied, why not create a lesson ?  In trying to pick just ONE lesson to share, I had a tough time!  Pod/vodcasts? Wikis? Blogs? Digital stories? Online sharing? Finally, I decided, why not share a lesson FOR EDUCATORS that outlines how to create an online learning experience?

View this for vodcast for more information:

Resources:
Lesson Plan Overview -page 1 (screen shot)
Lesson Plan Overview -page 2 (screen shot)
Rubric (screen shot)
The experience was very rewarding for me- and for the educators invovled. At first, they were extrememely intimidated when they saw samples of digital stories, blogs, wikis and pod/vodcasts- thinking they could not possibly create and/or maintian one!! However, as they worked through the process, they were intrigued and motivated to press on!

2 comments:

  1. I found your vodcast very neat. Ienjoyed how it was clear and simple. It made the implementation seem very easy. It was neat to watch and it was very well done. Do you use these in a professional way and if so how have they done so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vodcast was great! I am so impressed with how well it was done. You look like a professional blogger now!

    ReplyDelete